“Go and make disciples of all nations . . . teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you” Matthew 28:19Jesus
What do we believe?
Holy Cross Lutheran Academy, a ministry of the Central Florida Cross Network, follows this directive of our Lord by strengthening students and their families to lead a transformed life through Christ. Our school is known for academic rigor and for our ability to aid our students in sound Christian, moral development serving the people of Seminole, Volusia, and Lake counties. As a Christian school, our curriculum includes in-class daily teachings from God’s Holy Word. We integrate our Christian beliefs into everything we teach, grounding students in the living Christian faith as taught by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We teach about the Bible, faith and salvation. We believe that:
- The Bible is the source and basis for all our beliefs (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
- Only through faith in Jesus Christ can people be saved. (John 3:16)
We teach about God. We believe that:
- God is the Almighty, loving creator of everything and everyone. (Genesis 1:1)
- God is one God, but three equal persons (Triune). He is God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit. Not three gods, but one God (Matt. 28:19)
- God is a Savior (Jesus) who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (Acts 4:11 – 12)
- God is Love. He loves all people perfectly and completely. (I John 4:9 – 10)
We teach about people. We believe that:
- People are created individually and specially by God. (Psalm 139:13-16)
- People are loved always and completely by God. (John 3:16)
- People are expected by God to live lives of holiness and perfection (Matt.5:48)
- People are unable to obey God perfectly (everyone sins) (Ecclesiastes 7:20)
- People are forgiven their sins and given the gift of everlasting life in heaven only through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23)
- People are unable to earn God’s favor or forgiveness; rather we receive faith and forgiveness through the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
We teach about relationships. We believe that:
- People should submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)
- People should tell their friends how much the Lord has done for them and how he has had mercy on them. (Mark 5:19)
- The marriage relationship described in the Bible is a holy union, created by God and is intended to be between one man and one woman for one lifetime. (Genesis 2:24, Mark 10:7, Ephesians 5:31, Corinthians 7:2)
- God has given parents the responsibility to raise their children to know God. Strong family relationships and close communication between the home and school are an essential and desirable component in each child’s education.