Come Grow with Us!
Accepting resumes for the 2023-2024 School Year for the following positions
Secondary English Teacher
Upper Campus Front Office Administrative Assistant
Holy Cross Lutheran Academy offers employment opportunities to qualified individuals who desire to serve Christ, students, families, and fellow staff of HCLA. If you are an innovative, energetic, creative, and motivated educator you are exactly the type of teacher we look for! Come join us as we grow! It takes a team to excel in all areas to transmit the love for God first, then love for others, and the love for learning to every student who steps on campus.
Resumes are kept on file for one full school year. HCLA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
is hcla right for me?
Our administration, faculty and staff is a cohesive group working together to love God and others while partnering with parents in their child’s education. Here you will find our statement of faith, teacher expectations and our non-discriminatory policy. If you agree with these statements, we invite you to apply for any job openings that you are adequately qualified for.
Statement of Faith
What do we believe?
Holy Cross Lutheran Academy, a ministry of the Central Florida Cross Network, follows this directive of our Lord by strengthening students and their families to lead a transformed life through Christ. Our school is known for academic rigor and for our ability to aid our students in sound Christian, moral development serving the people of Seminole, Lake, Orange and Volusia counties. As a Christian school, our curriculum includes in-class daily teachings from God’s Holy Word. We integrate our Christian beliefs into everything we teach, grounding students in the living Christian faith as taught by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We teach about the Bible, faith and salvation. We believe that:
- The Bible is the source and basis for all our beliefs (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
- Only through faith in Jesus Christ can people be saved. (John 3:16)
We teach about God. We believe that:
- God is the Almighty, loving creator of everything and everyone. (Genesis 1:1)
- God is one God, but three equal persons (Triune). He is God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit. Not three gods, but one God (Matt. 28:19)
- God is a Savior (Jesus) who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (Acts 4:11 – 12)
- God is Love. He loves all people perfectly and completely. (I John 4:9 – 10)
We teach about people. We believe that:
- People are created individually and specially by God. (Psalm 139:13-16)
- People are loved always and completely by God. (John 3:16)
- People are expected by God to live lives of holiness and perfection (Matt.5:48)
- People are unable to obey God perfectly (everyone sins) (Ecclesiastes 7:20)
- People are forgiven their sins and given the gift of everlasting life in heaven only through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:23)
- People are unable to earn God’s favor or forgiveness; rather we receive faith and forgiveness through the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
We teach about relationships. We believe that:
- People should submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)
- People should tell their friends how much the Lord has done for them and how he has had mercy on them. (Mark 5:19)
- God has given parents the responsibility to raise their children to know God. Strong family relationships and close communication between the home and school are an essential and desirable component in each child’s education.
- Maintain the highest moral and be committed to Loving God and Loving Others.
- Agree with our statement of faith.
- Have 3 years of private or public school teaching experience.
- Completed a Baccalaureate Degree or Certifications that are equivalent in a particular field (ie as computer programming)
- Special skills, knowledge or expertise that qualifies them to provide instruction in subjects taught.
- Will to the best of your ability commit to best practices and innovative techniques as an educator
- Will fully support HCLA’s curriculum, mission statement, and culture.
- Will upkeep parent communication in order to foster relationships and open dialogue regarding their child’s education and social/emotional needs.
- Will have classroom management abilities in order to keep students engaged and motivated while using varying learning styles.
- Must be willing to learn new things, interested in personal development and work with peers and administration toward continuous improvement.
- Must be willing to assist with extra-curricular responsibilities that promote a cohesive culture.
Avg. Class Size
Ap pass rate %
Get In Touch
5450 Holy Cross Ct.,
Sanford, FL 32771
Preschool - 5th Grade
100 Aero Ln.,
Sanford, FL 32771
6th - 12th Grade
Telephone: (407) 936-3636
HCLA admits children of any sex, race, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities, which are made available to all children at the school. We do not discriminate in administration of our programs and policies.